Reading to Mommy...

With our recent relocation to the Chicago area, there hasn't been time for any actual reading instruction. Packing, storing, moving and getting settled in with relatives has taken all of our time and energy.

I was happy to find, as we started up again today, that Robbie has not only retained everything he has learned but that he is gaining in his fluency and tracking. We will be modifying our approach in this area (as we will be in all others) due to low funds and the fact that we had to place most of our things into storage. We will simply be working through Phonics Pathways 5-10 minutes daily. I have no readers with me and I'm really not concerned with them anyway.

I need to obtain a local library card really soon. We don't have any of our personal read-aloud library with us (except for Robbie's Bible, of course). :(

Do you have a little one learning to read? I'd love to follow your progress and read about your methods. Please, feel free to leave a link to your blog in a comment below!

1 comment:

  1. Well, we are working on reading, but ours is going to be a L-O-N-G process. We would love to have you as a follower though! :)

    I know this isn't REALLY close, but I just wanted to offer that Big Chris's company is doing some hiring. If you would be interested, please let me know & I can get you the specifics. We are not quite in Chicago - actually 2 1/2 to 3 hours south of Chicago, in Danville.

    Steph and Christopher

    www.ourlittlemanhasmoore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.