Feeding the Senses: I Spy Books

Feeding the Senses

One of RockerTot's favorite activities is finding items in I Spy Books.

We have a few of the (very inexpensive) graded reader versions and he loves to try to find "the school bus" or "the red button" in the picture. I didn't think he was old enough to do these sorts of activities, but he begged for a book at a local store and we bought it for him for later. He brought it to me that night and I asked about an object... he found it. He was hooked.

I just wanted to share these inexpensive books because they are really helping him with his concentration and visual perception.




Here are a few links to sites with ideas for creating your own I Spy books/pages.

Official Scholastic I Spy Creator

I Spy at The Other Pages

Publish your own I Spy Book at Rookie Moms

I'm sure there are many more out there, but these are a few to get you started (if you feel so inclined).

1 comment:

  1. My kiddos just discovered I Spy books and love them. Thanks for the links. We will have to check them out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.