Cub Scouting


As I mentioned in my last post, Cub Scouts has been Robert's major extracurricular activity so far in second grade.  Since I have tons of pics of THAT stuff, I thought I'd post a bit about what he's been up to.  Oh!!  I forgot to mention that RockerDad and I have become den leaders this year.  It's a lot of work, but it's more rewarding than I ever imagined.  The boys in our den are all amazing kids.  


SERVICE PROJECT 

Cub Scouts having fun between helping out and cheering the runners at a 5K for charity.


FISHING DERBY 

He caught one fish at the District Fishing Derby.

BOBCAT CEREMONY

Four new members of our den as they received their Bobcat Rank.  We were so proud.

 CUB & PARTNER CAMPING

Robert and another Scout from his den had a blast camping at our Council's Cub & Partner Weekend.

 FLAG RETIREMENT

They all learned how to properly retire a flag.  Robert placed the field of my late brother's flag into the fire.

 SKATING PARTY

Our Pack had a skating party with pizza and cupcakes.  Robert earned his roller skating belt loop.

 POPCORN DRAWING

Robert won this Coleman LED lantern in the Pack popcorn sales drawing.  He was chuffed!

 BELT LOOP HOLDER

Our den made these belt loop holders out of old picture frames.  This one is Robert's.

 KNOTS & AIRPLANES

Learning knot-tying from a Boy Scout and having fun with paper airplanes.
(RockerDad also taught them how to fold and play paper footballs.)

 CHRISTMAS PARADE

Getting ready to ride on the Pack float in our local Christmas parade.

 CHRISTMAS PARTY

Awards, fun and two cheeks full of marshmallows at the Pack Christmas party.

Well, that covers the major points for the first half of the Cub Scout year.  Do any of your kids participate in Scouting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.