Current Read-Alouds

Read-Alouds


These are a few of the books we enjoyed this week.



"Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"
Lewis Carroll

We're slowly reading through this. Robbie is loving the story and is learning a ton of new vocabulary. I know we'll tackle it again when he's older, but he found it on the shelf and asked me to read it to him. When we're finished with this one, I think we'll go back and finish "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" (since we didn't finish it before).






- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I always initiate a mini-narration from him when we're finished so that I know he understood the story and we discuss the story during and after reading it. Of course, we read more than these, but many have been listed before, will be blogged about at a later date or weren't worth a report.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


To see what others are reading to their children (and what some children are reading to their parents), please visit the links below:



1 comment:

  1. Oh! We saw a stage version of Alice back in April, and I've been meaning to get to this with my girls. Thanks for the reminder!

    Thanks for linking up to RAT, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.