Current Read-Alouds

Read-Alouds


We weren't able to get new books from the library, so we had to read some of what we have on hand. I really hope to be able to have access to all of our books that have been in storage for the past six months soon. That will make us both happy. :)


"What Happens to a Hamburger"
Paul Showers

This is a book that tells, in child-friendly terms, all about digestion. Robbie was very fascinated with this book and asked many questions as we read (even more than usual). He's really amazed that all of those "parts" can fit inside his body and do all that work.



"How Many Veggies"
Phil Vischer

Listing this book almost seems silly. It's a book about counting to ten. Robbie can count into the hundreds by ones, twos, fives and tens. That has no bearing on his love for this book. I have to read it at least once per week... usually more. Perhaps the familiar rhyme and meter of the verses and predictable outcome is soothing to him.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I always initiate a mini-narration from him when we're finished so that I know he understood the story and we discuss the story during and after reading it. Of course, we read more than these, but many have been listed before, will be blogged about at a later date or weren't worth a report.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


To see what others are reading to their children (and what some children are reading to their parents), please visit the links below:



4 comments:

  1. Oh, I had forgotten about that hamburger book! We read it a long time ago, but I know my girls would enjoy it again. I think you're right about the predictability of certain books being soothing, too.

    Thanks for linking up to RAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have the first book in our stack "for the future". I have to look for it. Thanks for joining WMCIR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goody! A book about digestion! Plus, it's nearly grilling season so we'll be able to eat hamburgers again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son loves the Veggie Tale books too-- he's only two, so we're still working on some of the skills. The alphabet one is his favorite! I'll have to try to find the numbers one.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.