I'm continuting to participate in the 2010 Not Back to School Blog Hop. This final week is Day in the Life Week.
Well, this is a bit tricky. I've been pondering how to handle this week's topic since we haven't started yet. I believe that the best thing would be to tell you how we plan to have our days. (Our mini Summer break ends and school begins for 2010-2011 on Sept 7).
Each "academic" item will usually take 15 minutes or less (usually 10 or less)...
- Read-Aloud Bible story during breakfast
- Tot Tray time while Mommy cleans up
- Calendar time
- Math with the AL Abacus and other manipulatives/games
* Break (Free Play & snack if he chooses) *
- Read a page in Phonics Pathways (5 minutes max if he's wiggly)
- Fine motor activity (cutting, tracing, folding, etc.)
- Fairy Tale or Fable with craft/project
- Tot Tray time while Mommy prepares lunch
* Lunch (with a read-aloud, if he wants one)*
- Tot Tray or Free Play while Mommy cleans up
- Read a story to Mommy
- Read-Alouds until rest/quiet time
* Free Play until bedtime... with Dinner & possible snack in there somewhere :) *
- Read-Alouds before bed
Science, geography, etc. are covered in read-alouds, field trips, projects and experiments throughout the week.
This is not a strict schedule, it's more of a guideline. We will be instituting a "No Television Until Daddy Gets Home" rule for our weekdays when we start, so I'm sure that we will be looking for things to occupy our time.
I would love to post about this again in a month or two to see what a difference there is between the plan and the reality.
Don't forget to head over to Heart of the Matter to read more posts like this one. As you can see on the calendar below, this is the fourth and final week. This has been a lot of fun and I'm following so many blogs that I found through this extended blog hop.
Thanks to all of you who have left kind comments, links and even started following our little blog.