Curriculum Modifications

Curriculum


Pre-Reading

Well, we're dropping Teach Your Child to Read in 100 easy lessons. He wasn't having problems with it, I was. I didn't like the order things were introduced. I know it works for lots of people, but it was simply counter-intuitive for me.

He's still sounding out more and more words each day. I've been making him cvc word cards with the 100 EZ directional markers and he's zipping through the list of words from Blend Phonics.



Pre-Writing

Tracing TrailsWe're adding Big Skills for Little Hands: I Can Cut! to help refine his motor skills, gain dexterity and hand strength and, of course, to gain some fun scissor skills (he loves to cut).

(I found this at WalMart for $3.50!)



Pre-Math

Tracing TrailsWe're adding Kumon: My Book of Numbers 1-30 to reinforce number recognition and give him additional fine motor skills work.

This was yet another WalMart find... $4.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.