Reading... a break from lessons (and a printable)

Reading With Robbie

I know I haven't posted a reading update in a few weeks. Our weeks have been mostly reading books. We've taken a bit of a break from the lessons. We'll be getting back to them, but I thought it would be fun to simply... READ.

What has Robbie been reading?

His big books from his Hooked on Phonics lessons. He's re-reading these for review. He's loving how easy they have become since he's moved forward in his lessons.


He's started reading his way through our Beginner Books collection. He may need help with a word here or there, but he's really doing very well. Sometimes the books are too long for him to read in one sitting, so I allow him to bookmark them and come back later.


He also enjoyed having a Helper Word (sight word) scavenger hunt around the house.

I also made this vowel/consonant coloring sheet to help Robbie review which letters are vowels and which are consonants. Simply click the image below to download the file.



What reading skills have your students been working on?

----------------------------------------------------

Linking this post up with

Read With Me Thursdays
Link and Learn

1 comment:

  1. It's so great to hear how he is progressing with reading - sounds like he really loves to read!

    I think we might need a lesson break and take time to just read.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.