Happy Birthday, Beatrix Potter!! (Current Read-Aloud)

Read-Alouds


In honor of Beatrix Potter's birthday, we are reading our Treasured Tales from Beatrix Potter once again.



We've been wrapping up our ocean life month and I will be posting about some of the books we read very soon.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I almost always initiate a mini-narration from him when we're finished so that I know he understood the story and we discuss the story during and after reading it. Of course, we read more than these, but many have been listed before, will be blogged about at a later date or weren't worth a report.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


To see what others are reading to their children (and what some children are reading to their parents), please visit the links below:



5 comments:

  1. I love BP, although I came to her late in life. Here's a post I wrote about her--> http://www.hopeisthewordblog.com/2009/03/10/childrens-classics-beatrix-potter-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me - I need to try these tales with my daughter. Thanks for joining WMCIR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you watched the BP movie? I didn't really love her until I watched the movie, it really is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried BP's stuff a long time ago - maybe it's time to bring it out with my daughter again. She LOVES animals, so maybe... :) Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jen I haven't seen the film about Beatrix Potter as I know I would cry too much. But it's probably about time I gave it a go to honest, I can always leave the room if it gets too sad :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.