Reading with Robbie...

Reading With Robbie



Robbie is finishing up Lesson 2 in his new level of reading lessons and doing very well.

Reading Lesson


This lesson doesn't have a story to read, it has a recipe to follow instead. He will be cooking ham and eggs (per the recipe) for his Daddy later today... with my help at the stove, of course.

He read some of his Calvert K readers as well as from one of our "Dick and Jane" books. He read a few "I See Sam", too. These were all below his reading level, but I've been using them to help build confidence and fluency.

He also read some more advanced readers with my help. I'm so glad he enjoys reading with me.

We have been unpacking our things and getting settled into our new place, so we haven't been doing many creative learn to read activities (I'm not sure he enjoys those, anyway.... he prefers to just read).

Reading Lesson


I'm trying to formulate a plan to make his reading lessons more hands-on, but in a way he will really enjoy. Most of the activities I have seen involve drilling sight words. Since we are very light on those, I'm having to come up with some ideas of my own.

Hopefully, I'll be able to share a plan with you soon!!


----------------------------------------------------

Linking this post up with

Read With Me Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.