Reading with Robbie...

Reading With Robbie


Robbie completed all of Lesson 1 (-at words) and part of Lesson 2 (-an words) today. He watched two very short DVD lessons and then read to me for about 10 minutes.

I also placed a construction paper "vine" on our word wall for "helper (sight) words". He placed he and a on it today. He really liked doing that. (I am teaching him the phonics rules behind the "helper words" as he learns them.)

I had originally thought that we may spend an entire week (or at least a few days) on each word family. I now realize that would be WAY too slow for Robbie. I had made him some -at word Play Doh mats for the week. I guess I'll have to re-think my strategy.

We both really enjoyed today's lesson. I'm hoping that most days will go this smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.