Weekly Wrap-Up

Nursery School Wrap Up


Robbie is 3 years old.


intentional learning

We had some huge family issues arise this week, so this post won't be as detailed or have nearly as many pictures as usual.

BIBLE


We're moving on to the story of Adam and Eve and the Fall. We didn't get into everything, but I made this coloring sheet (in the style of Kumon) for him. He'll be coloring it next week.



The Three R's


Here is a sample of this week's seatwork. From l-r; Kumon Tracing lesson, Singapore Essential Kindergarten Math sheet, Explode the Code worksheet.


Pre-READING

I posted about this in our weekly Reading to Mommy post.


Pre-WRITING

He stenciled, did some Kumon work, colored and other such things.


Pre-MATH

He did some Singapore and Horizons, played with his geometric solids, etc.



practical learning


We had a tea party (with water and pretzels) and he did all of the serving. I plan to institute a regular tea time each day when our official "school year" begins in the Fall. He had so much fun.


playful learning


...sticker fun...


I remember that someone once commented on a photo of his room and asked if it was always so neat. Well......


natural learning


Hanging with Aunt Mimi at the Lake House. He saw a bird's nest with eggs, swam in the lake, enjoyed the campfire, fed the ducks, got to get on the pontoon boat, played with the dogs and so much more!


Here he is walking from the dock to the house. There were way more steps than are shown in this picture.


extracurricular learning

At his Summer Reading program, he colored a fish and then attached a magnet to its mouth. He was then given a fishing pole (a dowel with string and a metal spiral for the hook at the end) and allowed to "fish" in a kiddie pool for numbered paper fish. He then got to choose a prize out of the box with the same number as his fish. He chose a jump rope (which I shortened) and he's been working on jumping rope ever since. He was allowed to keep the fishing pole to use with the fish he colored.

You can see some of his favorite read-alouds from the program in our Current Read-Alouds post.


making mom smile


He wanted me to take a picture of him in his Summer Reading shirt. He gets a prize if he wears this to every get-together.


----------------------------

Our other Tot School Updates

See what others have been doing in their Tot Schools

Tot School Homepage

Our other Weekly Wrap-Ups

If you'd like to see how other parents are educating their preschoolers, visit the Preschool Corner.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a fun week. :) Love the tea party idea too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a TN flag on the porch! Are you in TN? I'm from outside of Nashville and miss it like crazy!

    And I am so happy to see that my son isn't the only one who can sling his every possession into the floor in one fell swoop! Isn't it funny how comforting a picture of someone else's mess can be? LOL! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this last picture. Your tea set is gorgeous, and I really like it to see boys playing with play food and girls playing with blocks. I do believe that all children should be exposed to all that the play and real world has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Buzz and Rex in his room :) We have Toy Story toys all over our house! And i like his summer reading shirt. It must be the same program all over, because ours is the same theme here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great week- hope the family issues settle down!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of him pouring the tea. His little costume is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.