Current Read-Alouds

Read-Alouds


Click on the cover of any book listed to read more about it.


Here are a few of the new, interesting and/or favorite read-alouds from the past week.



Where the Wild Things Are

"Where the Wild Things Are"
Maurice Sendak

This was a different sort of read than I expected. We've never seen the movie, so we didn't know what to expect. Robbie enjoyed it while we were reading, but he didn't request it again. Overall, I'm not really sure what we thought of it.




Goldilocks and the Three Bears

"Goldilocks and the Three Bears"
Jan Brett

This is another book Robbie received through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library. He really enjoys the artwork and of course, the story. He always love to point out all the bad things that Goldilocks is doing throughout the story.



Henry and Mudge and the Happy Cat

Henry and Mudge and the Happy Cat"
Cynthia Rylant

I picked this up thinking that a short chapter book might be fun. I was wrong. The wording was so awkward that we both bored of this one very, very quickly. I guess that's what I get for reading an early reader.



The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

"The Wonderful Wizard of Oz"
L. Frank Baum

We started reading this book several months ago, but I dropped the ball. Robbie asked if we could finish the book, so we actually started over. He didn't mind. He's loving it! It's a short read and it has really captured his imagination. I'll be looking for more books like this one to read from now on.




To see more lists like this from other bloggers, click the link below:

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite books when I was a child was Where the Wild Things Are. I was a little disappointed in the movie. It's pretty deep and dark. I made monster maskes out of paper plates for that book and I made the little boy and his boat and put them on popsicle sticks. I'll have to post some pics. They actually turned out pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.