Building Letters

Backstage Pass


**I do NOT recommend allowing your tot to use any of these items unsupervised.**


I love the looks of the Handwriting Without Tears (HWT) pre-writing materials, but I can't justify the purchase on our current budget. Since RockerTot loves to make letters out of just about anything, I made these capital letter pieces and letter mat out of foam sheets. Since we plan to use many of the HWT materials in the future, I placed the smiley face in the top-left corner to familiarize him.



I wasn't sure how he'd react, but he immediately loved them. We had fun building every letter of the alphabet (and a few other things). "H" is his current favorite letter to write or build.


Our pieces are much smaller than the HWT wooden pieces, but I am pleased with how they are working. I was going to make some letter formation cards, but he didn't seem to need them.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea. I was just thinking of how much Anna struggles with writing letters and apparently doesn't really understand how some of them are formed. I think I am going to build some for us as well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.