Weekly Wrap-Up

Weekly Wrap Up


Faith



We're working our way through his NIrV Bible Story Book again.

Robbie chose some of his favorite stories this week including: Noah, Stories of Abraham and Isaac and The Tower of Babel.

Here are a few pictures of our "Tower of Babel" day:

part of his Bible story...
... his unifinished tower made from toothpicks and mini marshmallows...
... which he enjoyed eating...


Language Arts

Usually, I am unable to get photos of his reading lessons because I'm involved, but I was able to get a few one day this week. He was to read a set of instructions on how to cut out, assemble and decorate a mask. (He wasn't really into the decorating part, LOL.)

He's really enjoying his cursive work as well as our Read-Alouds.


Maths

I'm really happy with Robbie's understanding and retention of his addition facts to 10. He loves to do his Singapore Math work and we try to play a RightStart Math Game at least 4 times each week.

We had some practical math (measuring, temperature, time, etc.) this week while baking some cookie pops (yes, from a mix...). I love that these concepts are not abstract to him. :)
Everything Else

Robbie sits for hours (literally) each day drawing pictures. It's a good thing I stocked up on composition books (he doesn't mind that they're ruled). He mostly draws Mario, Luigi and Sonic the Hedgehog.. then he colors them (or simply shades them with the pencil if he decides they're "black and white").


--------------------------------------------------------------

What have you been up to this week?


.
Link and Learn

5 comments:

  1. Awesome week! That's a pretty cool tower =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marshmallow Tower of Babel.....LOVE IT! Found you through Preschool Corner. (I'm your newest follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fun idea - the tower of babel, that was great !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie got a Crayola art kit for Christmas and it was the best thing! She needs a new one soon because she loves drawing too! Looks like a good (and tasty) week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookie pops and a marshmallow tower of Babel? Awesome!

    Popping in from pre-k corner

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.