He is finished!!!

Reading With Robbie


No, he hasn't finished learning to read... but today, Robbie finished up Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Kindergarten. He read the final book, "Big Bad Ben" to me and did an excellent job!

He is so proud of himself and is already asking when he'll get the "green box" (the first grade level). We haven't ordered it, yet.

Robbie completed both levels 1 and 2 of the Kindergaten set in four months, but I fully expect that the First Grade set will take longer. We'll spend as much time on each lesson as he needs to master each concept.

I never would have thought that we'd use or love Hooked on Phonics.... but it sure is working at this house!!

2 comments:

  1. I recently purchased Hooked on Phonics K-1. We have only done 2 lessons, but he seemed to like it. He is four and when he wants to can read many words, these first 2 lessons were really a review for him, but I want to do each lesson so he doesn't miss anything. I don't know how long it will take him/us to finish the K-1 level, but I know once he can read a book he will be very excited. Thanks for all your posts. It is encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new design of the site. Have you tried Progressive Phonics (www.progressivephonics.com) with Robbie? This free curriculum worked wonders for us - I haven't spent any money on any reading curriculums at all.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.