Reading with Robbie...

Reading With Robbie


Robbie started Unit 2 in his Hooked on Phonics K. He completed lesson 4 (-ad family). He is picking up word families very quickly. He is also retaining them (and using what he's learned to recognize and teach himself new families. He is not mixing them up or guessing. Like I've said before, that was my fear with word families (I've seen the guessing be a problem for several children).

Robbie also completed Lesson 41 on ReadingEggs.com. He had to use scrambled letters to make simple sentences (i.e. "Sam is an ant."). He did this independently (I observed from across the room). He also learned about capital letters to begin a sentence and punctuation (periods & question marks). He reviewed the short "u" sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.