Weekly Wrap-Up

Nursery School Wrap Up


Robbie is 2.5 years old.


This week's work was way less formal than usual. We did many more play and craft activities.

Hands-on activities (with pictures) are featured in our Tot-School updates every Sunday.



BIBLE

"Joseph Forgives"

We also read the story of Joseph in several other books.

Memory Work: "Be kind to each other."



PRE-READING


He's breezing through the short vowel lessons, but I'm including lots of repetition. I want to make sure that his short-vowel blending skills are firmly solidified before moving on (that was my issue with 100 Easy Lessons).


Finished Nn pages... he loves these, but I may or may not use Book C. I'm still on the fence about this.

He also read his first book to me only hours afte I posted last week (The First Bob Book, Mat). I was a super-proud mama! He was so happy. He has since read the second book, Sam, as well as a few other short-vowel readers.


Starfall.com - he was disinterested (I think it's boring him. Perhaps a break will make it seem fresh and new at a later date).

Some of this week's read-alouds can be found here.


PRE-WRITING
- Fine Motor: basic tracing sheets (I made those by simply using a highlighter to draw whatever I wanted him to trace.)


PRE-ARITHMETIC

I'm making notes of any ideas from the remaining lessons in this manual that I may want to try before gifting this to a good online friend of ours.


Finished

Manipulative Activities: Number Puzzles, measurements and comparisons using small dowels of graduated lengths, multi-link cubes, grid games

If you'd like to see how other parents are educating their preschoolers, visit the Preschool Corner.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting about reading first Bob books! Maybe you are raising another early reader. It looks like another busy and productive week in your Academy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the final story of Joseph forgiving at the end of his story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patternables is a nice book. It's for grades K-6 (I think) so it gets harder as the pages progress. Squeak was doing some of the easy pages and I was worried but then as I looked farther in the book, I saw that they became more challenging.

    Congrats on the BOB books! We have those here and Squeak enjoys reading them every once in a while. Though she can read, she is not very interested in reading yet for some reason. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny! You have the same curriculum we use/or have used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you like the Saxon Math K? Would you recommend it? I am still doing a lot of math activities with Bear and debating whether I need a curriculum to "guide me" in a more logical order.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.