Tot-School

Tot School

RockerTot is currently 22 months old.


----------------------------
I didn't realize we had so many pictures from this week. RockerTot was very active so I had to think up several activities on the fly. Due to the holidays and nice weather, there was more time spent outside with RockerDad (when it wasn't raining).
----------------------------

He made this art with his stamps and stamp pad. I couldn't take pictures of the process because it was way too messy.


----------------------------

We built tunnels together for his trains. This is all he wants to build with his Mega Blocks now.


----------------------------

We had many outdoor gross motor activities this week. Here are some pics from the playground.



----------------------------

I found that I had two identical sets of flash cards that had colors, shapes & other things in them. I took the colors out of both of them and made RockerTot a matching game.


----------------------------

There were a few nature walks. He got to pet a cow, throw rocks in the creek and many other things that I can't remember right now.



----------------------------

Our shape for this week (and next.. we're sticking with two week lessons) was triangle. He had a triangle breakfast (scrambled eggs, banana slices, cheese, and toast with jam)...


... transferring water with different sized triangle sponges (I just cut regular ones)...


... triangular felts...


----------------------------

We focused on the letters "Cc" & "Ee" as well as the numbers 1 & 2. I left last week's letters at the top of the fridge and he asked for them a few times, but mostly he focused on the ones at eye level. He did destroy the coconut tree toward the end of the week, but I'll make another. It wasn't laminated, so I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did!


----------------------------

The alphabet computer was rediscovered this week. It's been in his room, but since the move he hasn't noticed it. He suddenly realized that it said the name of the object above the letter when he pressed it. He was amazed.


----------------------------

RockerTot also rediscovered his bead maze on his activity cube. He now understands the paths of the different beads. What a difference a few months makes!


----------------------------

Pouring beans held his attention for longer than I had expected...


... although there were many goofy moments to cherish.


----------------------------

RockerTot loves to use scissors. These are the kind that only cut paper. He was cutting strips of construction paper I had taped tightly across a basket.


----------------------------

Coloring Easter eggs held his attention for the better part of an hour.


He really did most of this himself. I was impressed with how he stickered the "faces".


RockerTot's Favorite Read-Alouds this Week:
(the same main books as last week..)



----------------------------

As always, I'll end with my favorite photo(s) from this week.

Time with Daddy is always precious:




----------------------------

My other Tot School Updates

See what others have been doing in their Tot Schools

Tot School Homepage

12 comments:

  1. You put me to shame.. RT is so much and having so much fun! I love the beans, shapes, eggs, and walk with dad. Can I come to your school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he'll grow up to realize how lucky he is to have you as his teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the longevity of the palm tree! LOL An active week is a developmental week! Good job, Mamma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week! I like his batman water bottle for pouring beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liliana loved coloring eggs this year as well! Looks like a great week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was my first week doing Tot School! I love reading everyone's ideas and gearing up for next week! I love your shape of the week(s) idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used flash cards to make a memory game as well. They work great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great week...I can't wait for some nice weather here! Emily and I can't wait to get outside to play. I liked the triangle themed breakfast. I think Emily would enjoy that too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You reminded me! I have got to pull out those stamps I bought a couple of weeks ago!
    The egg dying looked great! I guess I didn't give Z enough credit and assumed he was too young to do it. He just put stickers on plastic eggs. RT did AWSOME with those eggs!
    Where did you get those little plastic dying containers? did they come in a kit or???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog made it easier for me but I would come back anyway to check. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to have to try the pasta in the spice shaker and the cutting strips of paper activities with my own 2 year old (mini-saurus) Once upon a time when my now 6 year old was around 2 we had a chicka chicka boom boom magnetic alphabet tree on the fridge too!! Brings back fond memories, I may need to resurrect that one for the littlest one now as well!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.