Midsummer Wrap-Up


I can't believe how fast this summer is flying by... can you?

Well, here's a short update on the past few weeks of fun and summer (home)school.


Robbie's Daily Summer Schedule (this has changed since my initial summer school post)
HISTORY:  finishing up the two big civilizations we didn't get to in our Ancient History studies, starting with Greece.  
READING: a chapter (give or take) each day from his current literature selection.
MATH: 2 pages in his Singapore workbook and a Life of Fred Chapter
GREEK: 1 page in his Greek workbook
SPELLING:  2 words, 2 phrases and 1 sentence from dictation


Ancient Greece and Life of Fred - the arithmetic is super-easy, but he loves to read the chapters.

A bit of fun from around the 4th...

I couldn't get a clear photo of their fireworks, but that's Robbie with a roman candle.


Robbie and a few cousins at the lake house on the 4th.

... and a bit more fun from after the 4th ...

RockerDad throwing Robbie in the pool and Robbie doing a pose as Link (from the Zelda games).


Springy-eyed glasses and chopstick fun.




Linking Up At (when applicable)
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers History and Geography Trivium Tuesdays Collage Friday



2 comments:

  1. You guys have gotten a lot of school work done this summer, as well as having fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis! I should go back and edit it to clarify that the "daily" schedule doesn't actually happen daily... more like a few times per week.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.