R-Controlled Vowels Printables

Printables


Since the consonanant blends (beginning and ending) which are the main focus of Hooked on Phonics 1st Grade seem to come pretty naturally to him, I thought that Robbie could begin to learn some of the skills which will be taught in the 2nd grade levels. HOP 2nd grade seems to cover many skills, so having an emerging grasp on them will (hopefully) make it go as smoothly as the other grades have.

I decided to start with some basic r-controlled vowels, as these come up fairly frequently in his everyday reading. These printables are simply words to color (or trace) with the vowel and the r underlined to help him remember the rule.

Click to Download


Simply click the image above to download the printables. I don't know if these will be helpful to anyone else, but I thought I'd share them... just in case. :)

Here are some other free r-controlled vowels activities and printables:
Bossy R's
Starfall Word Sorting
Boggles World

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.