Weekly Wrap-Up... Erm... A Little Late

Weekly Wrap Up

Our camera seems to be dying, so I doubt we'll have tons of usable pictures for posts for a while. This update actually covers two weeks of sparse schoolwork. Robbie has had a bit of a cold and we've been taking it easy.

Faith



We're, once again, working our way through his NIrV Bible Story Book as well as a few other Bible Story books.


Language Arts

He completed a few reading lessons, but read to me and RockerDad each day. He also did a few Explode the Code pages most days.
He colored his helper words from his Hooked on Phonics. He doesn't "memorize" most of these. I usually tell him the rule and he remembers it.
He made helper word snowflakes the first week...
... and hearts the second week.
We read "The Snowy Day" by Ezra Jack Keats...
... and he had fun playing with Insta-Snow.

Maths

Robbie is still working through his Singapore Primary Math 1A and Intensive Practice. We played some Yahtzee and some Rightstart Math Games, as well. He also had fun following the recipe and measuring everything when we baked brownies for RockerDad.

Everything Else

This is a portion of his Lego Mario, Luigi and Sonic the Hedgehog army (as I call them).
We finished up our study of the five senses. I glued items of various textures to index cards and he felt them blindfolded and described them when we studied his sense of touch. We also did some fun taste-testing for his sense of taste, but our camera refused to cooperate on that day.



--------------------------------------------------------------

What have you been up to this week?


.
Link and Learn

2 comments:

  1. We have been sick all weekend and it looks like we will be on into this school week, so I know what you mean about that. It looks like you got some great work in despite it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week. Sorry that your camera is dying - I will miss Robbie pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.