Reviewing ch- and sh- digraphs

Reading With Robbie


Our main focus this week has been a review of the digraphs ch- and sh-. Robbie read and spelled several words beginning with these.

He used these letters to spell many ch- and sh- words, as well as review some of his helper words. (I teach him the phonics rules for these as we encounter them. He then has no problem sounding them out very quickly, just as he does any other unfamiliar word. They soon become familiar, though, and he's learned some new phonics rules!)



He also used our consonant digraph printables:




Here are a few of his helper word review activities. I made these for the week's words plus a few old ones for review, but you can download Carisa's amazing You Can Read! printables over at 1+1+1=1.




He also did a few of the alphabet pages in his Brainquest K book. He doesn't mind coloring or mazes, so he doesn't fight the "baby work" (as he usually calls it). He also likes the handwriting pages.



It's been a great week and he's loving his lessons.

sharing this post at

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.