Weekly Wrap-Up

Nursery School Wrap Up


intentional learning

Pre-READING

He's still steadily improving in his reading abilities. Since most of our reading is spent snuggled up together, I rarely get photos of him actually reading.

Here are a few shots of him doing lessons on Reading Eggs. I know that he was constructing 4 and 5 word sentences using letters in one of these photos. I'm not sure what he was doing in the other, but it was making him giggle.






Pre-WRITING

He did lots of tracing, gluing and cutting this week. I only got this shot of him cutting pieces for his Bible craft, though.




Pre-MATH

We played many physical games including a game where we jumped around the room skip-counting. Obviously, it was difficult to get shots when I was involved.

Here he is making quantities on the abacus without counting. He's mastered these, but I've been too lazy to move on and he hasn't been complaining about doing them.




SCIENCE

We froze several small objects in ice cubes and made observations as we tested different methods of melting the ice to remove them I'll post more about this soon. He's been asking to do it again, so I guess it was a hit.




ART

He made snowflakes using white glue and cotton swabs.




playful learning

Robbie had lots of fun making a fun playground for his penguins out of white Lego bricks and items from his sensory bin.



Some other winter/snow/ice-inspired play:

Hot Wheels in the "snow" (white towels).. read more about this fun



This puzzle (cut from a Christmas card) was very simple for him to put together, but he loved it because he had a hand in its creation. I've got to remember to pick up some more 100 piece puzzles for him at the Dollar Tree. He's bored with the few we have.





He's still having fun with his arctic play-doh set.




natural learning

Playing in the snow with his beach toys...




making mom smile

... playing his DS upside down ...




--------------------------------

Our other Preschool Updates

Our other Weekly Wrap-Ups

If you'd like to see how other parents are educating their preschoolers, visit the Preschool Corner.

This post is also linked up at Weekly Wrap Up (Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers). Please visit them for more weekly homeschool reports.

6 comments:

  1. Lots of great activities this week! I love the penguin playground he made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you from Friday Bog Hop.

    www.layers-of-learning.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! I LOVE all the hands-on stuff!

    Jessy
    http://oursideofthemtn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week! I love your Lego playground for penguins - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ice cube activity and the trucks in the 'snow' :) Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Legos! Kids are so creative with them. Me? Not so much. =p

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or idea. I find most of the blogs that I follow through the comments on my own blog. No need to sign in, anonymous comments are welcome, too!! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to click the Notify Me box. I try to reply to all comments. Clicking this box will let you know when I do.